I'm traveling to Kansas City and I'd like to drop in for a class. How do I do that?
1. Drop-In’s are for current, active members of REGISTERED CROSSFIT AFFILIATES only.
We’re so excited that you want to introduce your co-worker to CrossFit for the first time, but dropping into a gym is not the best way to do this. We recommend you have your friend go through a proper onboarding program at a home gym.
2. Do not show up to class without reserving a spot.
Our coaches are top-notch in their field becuase they spend a significant amount of time preparing lesson plans for their classes. Trying to get waivers signed and drop-in’s processed distracts from this preparation.
3. Carefully read the following FAQ’s:
- What’s your drop-in fee?
- $20 when reserved ahead of time
- $25 at the time of drop-in
- May I buy a t-shirt instead?
- No. Your drop-in fee will cover an hour with a world-class coach in a top-notch facility. If you would like to purchase apparel or supplements on top of that, we’re happy to provide that as well.
- What’s the WOD?
- Due to the high volume of Drop-in’s we receive, we cannot provide programming ahead of time to travelers. Our WOD is posted at 8pm the night before HERE >
- I’ll be in KC for an extended period. What are my options?
- When you reserve your first session you’ll be prompted to select your package. We offer 12 class punch cards ($189, expires 3 months), 1 week unlimited ($60), and a month unlimited ($175) for long-term drop-ins.
- Can I do my own thing during class?
- We have many hours of open gym time throughout the week. If you want to do special programming, please reserve one of those time slots and be respectful of the class.
- I have ____ issues. Will I be able to do the class?
- Please let your coach know of any orthopedic or medical conditions prior class starting. They will provide you with adjustments to your workout.
I'm an experienced CrossFitter moving to Kansas City. What are my next steps?
The first step for all new members – regardless of experience – is to come by the gym to meet with a coach and for us to get to know you a little better.
At this meeting we can go over our program options, you can check out the facilities, and come up with a personalized plan going forward.
You can schedule these meetings up to 24 hours in advanced here: https://crossfitmemorialhill.com/experienced-crossfitter/
After this meeting, a coach will give you a coupon code to take a complimentary class before moving forward.
If you don’t want to wait to come workout prior to meeting with a coach, you can reserve a drop-in session. At your 1-on-1 meeting, a coach will apply a credit to y0ur membership for any paid drop-in sessions. Reserve your drop-in’s here: https://crossfitmemorialhill.com/drop-ins/
What is the process for getting started?
Your next step for getting started is to schedule a time to come in, meet with a coach, and see if it’ll be a good fit. At this free intro session, you’ll learn a little bit more about our programs, go over your workout history, and complete a brief movement assessment.
From there, everyone completes a program call Fundamentals where you’ll work 1-on-1 with a coach. During this time, you’ll be able to safely and sustainable tailor your on-boarding process to your current abilities.
You can schedule this free intro up to 24 hours in advance right here: https://crossfitmemorialhill.com/first-visit/
These initial 1-on-1’s typically last 15-20 minutes and do not require that you workout – so work clothes will be just fine.
What is your average class size?
Average class size is 12, depending on time of day and the day of the week. We maintain at least a 1:12 ratio of coaches to athletes in group classes.
We also offer specialty programs, private coaching, and small group training to meet any need or goal you may have.
Do you have showers?
Yes! We have spacious, clean bathrooms with changing areas, showers, and complimentary towel service for members.
I'm interested in learning more about BUILD: Functional Fitness for Cancer Survivors
BUILD is a CrossFit class specifically dedicated to Cancer Survivors. The structure and makeup of the classes are just like any of our other classes, but the camaraderie in the class is what makes it special. We start new BUILD courses for new people every 8 weeks. The cost is $159 for your first 8-week course. You can find out more information and sign up to be notified about the next course by visiting: http://crossfitmemorialhill.com/ebooks/build/
Do you offer any discounts?
We offer $10 off month-to-month memberships for:
- Active Duty and Reserve Military Personnel
- Full time primary and secondary public educators
- First Responders and LEO’s
I heard CrossFit is dangerous. Is it safe?
We certainly recommend you do your own research, but our experience has shown that injury rates in CrossFit – specifically at our affiliate – are incredibly low. In fact, almost 3 times lower than jogging.
We’ve found that listening to your coach, leaving your ego at the door, and taking a sustainable outlook on your fitness tend to be the best safeguard against injury.
Do I have to be in shape to start?
This is a very common concern for almost anyone trying something new for the first time. In fact, we’ve trained professional athletes and great-grandmothers alike who’ve all felt the same way.
The only way get over this fear is to just start! At The Hill we have an individualized on-boarding program called Fundamentals. Fundaments is entirely customized and completed 1-on-1 with a coach. If fact, you’ll even complete your first group class with your Fundamentals coach by your side!
We believe that no two people are the same and, therefore, strive to customize our programs for each athlete.
If you still feel you may not be in good enough shape, take a minute to read this incredible story: https://crossfitmemorialhill.com/its-never-too-late/